Since I tend to avoid book lists, this short list of my own probably requires justification. There are a small handful of authors that I try to read faithfully and studiously pursue their recommendations. I was delighted to find several of these authors publishing one after another during the last year.
- Andy Crouch, The Tech-wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place. Baker Books.
- Alan Jacobs, How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World At Odds. Convergent Books (Available in October).
- Thomas Kidd, Benjamin Franklin: The Religious Life of a Founding Father. Yale University Press.
- Michael Licona, Why Are There Differences in the Gospels?: What We Can Learn From Ancient Biography. Oxford University Press.
- Eugene Peterson, As Kingfishers Catch Fire: A Conversation on the Ways of God Formed by the Words of God. WaterBrook.